Campfire Recipes: More Than S’mores
Everyone loves a good campfire and making s’mores. However, if you’re looking for something a bit more exciting for your next campfire, here’s some inspiration for you.
Easy & Delicious Campfire Recipes That Are Not S’mores
No need to wait for Tuesday for tacos. You can make these walking tacos pretty much anywhere, so they’re perfect for picnics and campfires.
- Sauté some ground beef, pork, or chicken with your favorite condiments.
- Grab a bag of chips and crush them a little before you open the bag.
- Add your ground protein in the bag, and toppings like cheese, diced tomato and avocado, black beans, salsa, or anything else you like, and voilá!
Delicious and real easy. You can prepare the ingredients beforehand and keep them in containers until you’re ready to eat.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything
Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Whole-Grain Mustard
- Blanch some brussels sprouts in boiling water for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove them from the hot water and rinse them with cold water.
- Mix some mustard, olive oil, and salt, and add the brussels sprouts to that mixture to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the sprouts, 3 at a time, and place them on the hot grill for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the grill and add more mustard sauce on top.
This recipe is great for the outdoors, but you can also make it at home.
This is a great snack. You could even bring along some bottled marinara sauce to dip in. All you need is a container of store bought pizza (or breadstick) dough, butter, a few condiments or spices, and a stick or skewer.
- Roll out the store-bought dough over some aluminum foil.
- Tear off a piece of dough and wrap it around the stick.
- Stand by the campfire and rotate the stick like a rotisserie chicken.
- Let it get golden brown and remove from the heat.
- You can roll it in butter and sprinkle on your favorite toppings, cinnamon, cheese, and herbs. Be as creative as you want.
Next time you want to spend some time outdoors, you know you can get creative and make some delicious recipes that require little effort. You could go hiking or rafting and then camp out. You can enjoy the beauty and nature of Colorado with our packages. Give us a call and we’ll prepare an amazing trip for you, where you can put your new cooking skills to the test.