River Guide Training Program in Clear Creek County
2015 River Guide Training Starting on May 18
Looking to train yourself this year as a River Guide? Come and take our rigorous training program which meets and exceeds the requirements of Colorado Statute 33-32-105.5, which provides for the minimum qualifications of professional river guide.
Mile Hi Rafting Company, just 30 minutes from Denver, offers outdoor adventure for outdoor enthusiasts. We offer ATV and UTV tours and full overnight camping excursions; and get you trained to become a River Guide! Come learn and join our team!!**
This year’s Training class is scheduled to start on the Arkansas River. We will be camping out for three days where you will also learn about preparing meals for groups and packing for overnight trips. We train on a variety of rapids, and will also probably train on Clear Creek, depending on water flows. Trainees will see class I to IV rapids, possibly class V, as well. All River Gear is supplied during training. Read more about our River Guide Training Program.
Professional Whitewater Rafting Guide Training Program
- 10 days of actual training on several rivers (one day off)
- Couple of nights camping, where everyone chips in for food and camping fees
- Colorado State Certification to be a Professional Whitewater Rafting Guide* upon completion of Colorado State requirements and a “successful” check-out run down the river (*CPR and First Aid certifications also required)
- Space is limited
- $500 per person
Red Rocks Community College class
- Class number: OUT 139
- Class = 2 credits
- Red Rocks’ class fee + $250 paid to Mile Hi Rafting
- 2015 classes: May 18th – May 24th
- To get river hours for certification, class will be extended through May 28th (Memorial Day off). Students can obtain their credits without the need to extend.
**Certification and open spots are not guaranteed
GET READY FOR RAFTING SEASON!
Mile Hi Rafting’s convenient location makes it an ideal destination for day trips and vacations. Whether you are heading out for your day of adventure or coming back from one-stop by for an ATV tour to finish your day. We pride ourselves in being flexible and will help you arrange any combination of options to create your own experience. Come see us for your next adventure!