Colorado is the number one destination for skiing in North America. With its defying emblematic Rocky Mountains, there are many areas and ski resorts to practice snow sports during winter. Seasons may start sooner at different places, and the conditions and sports to practice vary according to each site. Let’s take a look at a list of some of the most well-known ski resorts and areas to enjoy this winter!
Mile Hi Rafting Company, just 30 minutes from Denver, offers outdoor adventure for outdoor enthusiasts. We offer ATV and UTV tours and full overnight camping excursions; and help you plan your perfect outdoor day! Colorado inhabitants love snow and to practice all kinds of winter sports! Come join us this winter!
Colorado Top 5 Ski Spots
To make a list of the top ski resorts you need to take many things into consideration: terrain and slopes, activities and sports that can be practiced, a good balance in the snow as you’ll want enough of it to cover slopes but also for people to be able to get in and out. Here’s a list of the top 5 ski resorts in alphabetical order.
- Aspen: One of everyone’s favorite’s, Aspen is one of the ideal winter playgrounds. Everyone loves Aspen’s perfect challenging double blacks and chutes in four ski areas with 320 ski runs. One the best reasons is its lively celebrity magnet town, where you can enjoy activities such as art galleries and famous nightlife.
- Beaver Creek: Opened in 1980, making it one of the youngest ski resorts, this is one of many’s favorites too. It’s easy: 1,800 acres of ski area, heated moving walkways, fresh-baked cookies everywhere make it an amazing place to spend the holidays.
- Breckenridge: 3,000 acres with 155 ski runs, make Breckenridge one of North America’s favorites. Its terrain is maginificent, with legendary slopes and one of the first resorts to allow snowboarding. Its town has fine restaurants, great shopping and many original craft breweries that are a must.
- Keystone: One of the largest ski resorts, with over 3,000 acres to ski, with 135 ski runs and a limited number of runs with nighttime lighting. Its terrain is full of bowls, steeps, trails and one of the State’s longest ski days.
- Vail: And to close the list, the one that sets the standards of ski resorts, Vail has the largest ski area in the country. Its impressive 5, 289 acres of ski areas, 193 ski runs, nearly 100 hotels in areas, ranging from high-end luxury lodging to more affordable hotel options, make Vail a world famous resort.
LOOKING FOR SNOW FUN?
BOOK YOUR ATV TOUR NOW!
Mile Hi Rafting’s convenient location , just 30 minutes out of Denver, makes it an ideal destination for day trips and vacations. We are a family owned and operated company. We want our guests to have personalized attention down to the detail on any ATV tour or UTV tour or camping excursion. Reservations are recommended to be sure there is an opening for your specific date and time. Book your tour today!