March is the month to start planting trees. It extends until mid June, as the conditions then change. Forests are the Earth’s lungs, it’s vital to keep them abundant, leafy and healthy. Not only do trees provide us with clean air to breathe, but there are many other benefits that trees give us.
Mile Hi Rafting Company, just 30 minutes from Denver, offers outdoor adventure for outdoor enthusiasts. We offer ATV and UTV tours and full overnight camping excursions; and help you plan your perfect outdoor day. We care about our forests and trees and we believe in taking action. So, go ahead and plant a tree!
Benefits of Planting Seedling Trees
- Protecting property and livestock from wind
- Reducing soil erosion and improving crop yields
- Providing food and cover for wildlife
- Increasing property values
- Increasing or restoring forest health
- Reducing water evaporation, preserving winter moisture, and protecting and improving water quality
- Controlling snow drifts near roads
- Reducing atmospheric carbon dioxide
- Reducing heating and cooling costs
- Protecting livestock from the elements
- Restoring or enhancing natural beauty
- Increasing supplies of renewable wood resources
Learn more about Seedling Trees at the Colorado State Forest Service website. The only requirement to purchase seedlings and other plant materials from the CSFS Nursery is that they are used solely for conservation purposes.
MILE HI RAFTING CARES!
Mile Hi Rafting’s convenient location makes it an ideal destination for day trips and vacations. Whether you are heading out for your day of adventure or coming back from one-stop by for an ATV tour to finish your day. We offer child and group discounts. Come see us for your next adventure!