The Arkansas River is considered the most popular river for whitewater rafting in America. If you love the outdoors, this is a mandatory stop for you, and here’s why.
Reasons to Visit the Arkansas River
- This river includes 152 rafting miles. More than 80 of those were named Class II to Class V rapids that you can come check out and enjoy.
- There are tons of different activities that can be done, such as:
- Flows through Colorado State Park, the Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area.
- The Arkansas River offers almost 80 miles, from Leadville to Canon City, of public access and great catches of brown trout.
In 2014, the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission declared 102 miles of the river as Gold Medal, the longest stretch in the state. The river is one of the few fisheries in Colorado that supports such a strong brown trout population, making it extremely popular with fly fishermen.
- Colorado’s state mammal, the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep, can be found in the Arkansas River Valley. You can also see lots of other animals like mallards, ducks, Colorado mule deer, black bears, Canadian geese, elk, golden and bald eagles, and mountain goats.
Book Your Next Adventure at Mile Hi Rafting
Mile Hi Rafting offers fun, professionally guided Whitewater Rafting Trips suitable for every level on the famous Arkansas river. We provide all the gear – wet suit, splash jacket, PFD, and helmet. Join us for a memorable Colorado whitewater rafting trip with your family and friends. Colorado’s Arkansas River has some of the nation’s most exciting whitewater and amazing mountain views. The Arkansas is open for rafting from April until Labor Day and is the only river in Colorado that guarantees water for rafting from June 15 until August 15. We offer great prices and convenient location, which makes this an ideal destination for your next adventure or vacation. You don’t want to miss out on this! Give us a call or book your trip now.